The curtain drew on the XXI Commonwealth Games last night, 15 April 2018, with a final closing celebration at Carrara Stadium on the Gold Coast.
After 11 days of spectacular athletic competition, teamwork and unmatched community participation, the Gold Coast will now say goodbye to athletes, spectators & officials … and settle back into its routine as Australia’s best tourist destination for domestic and international visitors.
This is a great time to visit the Gold Coast!
The hussle, bussle and congestion of the Commonwealth Games is now over. The weather is absolutely perfect with warm Autumn days and cooler nights. Take a much deserved break before the next school holiday season. The Grande Florida offers a truly unique beachside Gold Coast resort experience – right close the perfect white sands of the uncrowded, yet safely patrolled Miami Beach. Soak up the sun at our TWO Massive Lagoon Pools enveloped in a lush tropical oasis..
One lagoon pool is heated to a perfect 25 degrees all year round, the other lagoon pool is cooler for the hot Queensland months. Both huge lagoon pools have jet spas, so you can sit in either a warm and cosy heated pool or crisp refreshing pool and relax and simply forget about time.
Our other guest family accommodation amenities include 6 awesome Family BBQ Areas, Free Unlimited WiFi, Foxtel, and a Games Room. The Gold Coast family resort is close to popular Cafés & Restaurants, Shops & Markets and Gold Coast Attractions. All holiday apartments have spacious living areas, fully equipped kitchens and secure Undercover Parking. Go to our direct booking page or call us on +61 7 5572 8111 to see if we have any specials on offer.
Want to know what else to do while you’re on the Gold Coast?
You’re going to be visiting Australia’s best tourist destination while you’re here for the Games. Make sure you load up on a number fun activities other than the Games events. Here are some valuable tips and travel advice from some of our blog posts …
- 10 Things to do on a Gold Coast family holiday
- Gold Coast wineries you need to visit
- Best sunrise spots on the Gold Coast
- How to enjoy the Gold Coast on a budget
- 8 underrated things to do on the Gold Coast
- Where to find the best Coffee on the GC
- Where to find the best Burgers on the GC
- Where to find the best Gelato on the GC
- Explore Coolangatta, the south end of the Gold Coast
- Discover Currumbin Gold Coast
- Brought your bicycle? Here’s some of the best cycling tracks on the GC
- Learn to surf while you’re on the Gold Coast