Things To Do On The Gold Coast – Miami, Burleigh Heads and Beyond
With its spectacular, movie-set like surrounds you may not want to leave the resort! Soak up the sun, relax and laze on a sun lounger then cool off with spa jets in one of our award winning lagoon pools.
Relax and relish our fabulous facilities
- Your choice of award winning lagoon pools: warmer for milder months of the year or refreshingly cool
- Like a movie set, rock pools and waterfalls set the scene for serenity
- Graduated shallow ‘beach’ areas mean little ones are easier to mind and more confident in the water
- Sprawl and soak up the sun on a lounger
- Sizzle in the sauna or savour spa jets for unwinding after a fun-filled day
- Barbecue around the pools with family or friends or enjoy dinner from your balcony over looking the vista
- lovingly maintained, lush tropical gardens
- Stroll the seashore at sunrise & sunset
- Picnic on the greenery overlooking Miami Beach
- Breakfast at the beach on a BBQ or at local a cafe
- Sip a sundowner on your apartment balcony
- Cook up a feast on our BBQ area or along Miami Beach
Visit over 300 ATTRACTIONS, many just a short walk from your accommodation at Grande Florida Resort
Arts & Culture
- Amble around the Art galleries
- Mingle at the markets
- Discover established and rising designers at local shops
- Find a memorable, local souvenirs lovingly handmade
- Venture into various Vintage shops
Home to the Big 5 Theme parks, Gold Coast holiday might include Sea World, Wet & Wild, Movie World, Paradise Country and Dreamworld. The onsite tour desk books tickets for Gold Coast theme parks; Dreamworld, Seaworld and Wet ‘n’ Wild.
Miami Organic Markets
Within walking distance and with plentiful parking, Miami Organic Market is held every Sunday from 06:00 am – 11:30 am at Miami State High School, selling quality, tasty, nutritious produce straight from the farm and so much more on offer!
Miami 1 Centre
With a supermarket to restock your supplies, chemist, post office, takeaway and dining options, boutique shops, coffee shops and cafes, ATMs and bottle shop, at The Grande Florida Beachside Resort is the perfect location.
Magnificent Miami Headland – Mick Schamburg Park
Taking the ’99 steps’ up Miami Hill will be well rewarded with vast beach views both north and to the south. A photographers dream; you will be in awe of the overwhelming ocean vista.
Miami headland’s sweeping coastal backdrop is a popular spot for social gatherings, picnics and setting for hilltop wedding ceremonies.
Enjoy the expansive views from the hilltop boardwalk, with North Burleigh Beach access just over the hill, an amenities building, children’s park and BBQ area.
The Gold Coast …
- Has the Largest Sub Tropical Rain Forest in the WORLD, complete with waterfalls just 40 minutes away
- And per capita…the most Golf Courses in the World and the most Art Galleries in Australia – 84!
For more things to do in Miami, Burleigh Heads, Mermaid Beach, Nobbys and the Gold Coast, just ask our friendly staff at reception for local advice.